Tuesday 13 March 2007

5 Things I've never said to my abusive husband

1. You are not a feminist. You cant shove your wife up against the wall, holding onto her arm so tight it leaves bruises and be a feminist.

2. Its not a two way thing. You abused me. I was infuriatingly untidy. Abuse is different from being annoying.

3. What you did to me was domestic violence.

4. I dont care if the other kids taunted you and called you smelly, I'm never going to sleep with a man who doesnt wash

5. Just because your father abused you, doesnt mean you understand how I feel. You see you grew up and the power imbalance between you and your Dad ended. He stopped being scary when you became a man. I never stopped being scared of you because you will always be 6 foot 2 and bigger and stronger than me. I never stopped being scared of you because you are scary.

No comments: