Friday 30 March 2007

How to support me

Its not enough to want to support me. You have to listen to what I am saying, me the real person that I am. If it is me that you truly want to support you have to understand that I know what is best for me and respect that by doing as I ask. It hurts like no other pain I know making you go away from me. My heart is broken and I do not know if it can recover. I do not want another relationship. I can not imagine that I will ever trust another man again, that I will ever be able to be alone with a man again. You have done this to me, you are responsible. How can it help me, support me, to have to spend time with you. Face this truth about yourself, and act on it willingly, kindly, gently, without reproach, if you have truly changed, if you want to support me.

When you ask me repeatedly if you can help decorate the house, and I repeatedly tell you no, what I see is a man who wont take no for an answer. When you talk about wanting to support me, wont take no for an answer, What I see now is a man who wants his own needs met. When you say that you have dome all that I asked of you, that you have faced up to what you did, yet you expect me to be able to work together with you after so short a time, it says to me that you do not understand at all, what you have done to me. If you really understood the effect of your actions on me you would understand that it is far too soon for me to be able to ask you nito my home again. You talk about us being friends spending time together as a family, given time. How much time do you think it takes to heal from domestic violence? Have you educated yourself? Read any resources on it? Do you know what you are asking me to do? What have you done to reasure me that I am safe?

No comments: